Promote program. Social Media. Mailchimp. Constant Contact.
Building your members’ list is the first step to getting big returns from your Thirdshelf Loyalty Marketing platform.
One of Thirdshelf’s power tools is its analytics engine, and having a large list allows this engine to analyze all your customers, not just a subset, and thus help you understand them well. Personalized customer service begins with understanding your customers.
Here’s what growing your list can do for your business immediately
Get measurably higher ROI
- An offer sent to 5,000 people will generate greater hard dollars than an offer sent to 50 people.
- Show customers you understand them
- Target the right customer with the right offer
- Increase open rates
- Don’t send generic emails. A targeted email is more likely to be read.
- Build better relationships by going beyond demographics
- Tailor offers to customers based on their shopping behavior.
- With its automatic, dynamic (i.e. continuous) segmentation; with its powerful analysis of your customers’ behaviors, Thirdshelf will become your core marketing platform
What is the Thirdshelf Webform and where do you get it
The Thirdshelf webform, included with your subscription, is the gateway for your customers to become members from the comfort of their home.
Your customers enter their email address to sign-up, then receive a confirmation email that prompts them to complete a short form with information for their account.
If the customer who joins is already in your POS, the Thirdshelf webform will match them and link their accounts
If the customer who joins does not exist in your POS, the Thirdshelf webform will create a POS record and link their accounts.
You will find instructions on how to get your webform here.
Convert your social media followers into customers and drive them into the store.
Share your webform through all your social media channels.
Because the Thirdshelf webform also creates a customer or matches a customer in your POS system, this newly converted customer will be ready to shop with you and earn rewards on their next visit.
Grow your list in-store
Set a goal of inviting every in-store customer to your loyalty program. Train your staff to make it part of the standard workflow. Here are some effective approaches.
Ask the right questions:
- Do you have any rewards/points to redeem today?
- If they are already a member they will be glad you reminded them and you can check their profile for any available rewards.
- If they are not yet a member, this is a good opportunity for you or your employee to explain your loyalty program and enroll them. Curiosity and the fear of missing out will help break the ice and make them more receptive.
- If you have a sign-up incentive now is also a good time to mention it. Inform the customer that by enrolling now with their email they will receive a reward towards their next purchase.
- Are you part of our loyalty program?
- Make sure your staff know the basics of your program; structure, examples of rewards, earning rules, etc.
- Visual Cues
- Prepare a printout to have at your cash that explains some benefits of your loyalty program and instructs the customer to ask your employee about it.
- Larger poster-size printouts on display easels at or on the entrance to the store.
Existing Email Services
Promote your program via your existing email service, you will find detailed instructions here.