Merge two customer records. Combine customers. Combine points and rewards. Merge points and rewards.
You have multiple records that you need to combine, this is often the case when you receive the "Awaiting activation" message for customers already enrolled. They may be duplicate records, two customers who wish to combine their accounts, other. To merge them, start by noting your exact scenario:
Do you have:
- Two records in the POS, one in Thirdshelf?
- Two records in the POS, two in Thirdshelf?
- One record in the POS, two in Thirdshelf?
Scenario 1: Two records in the POS, one in Thirdshelf
- Merge the two records in your POS
- Thirdshelf automatically detects the surviving record and keeps the mapping accurate
Scenario 2: Two records in the POS, two in Thirdshelf
- Merge the two records in your POS. Note the Master Record that you kept
- Merge the two records in Thirdshelf, selecting the same Master Record. (See screenshot at end of article).
- Done. The two loyalty records are merged into one, with points and rewards correctly combined. You are given a summary of the operation on-screen:
Scenario 3: One record in the POS, two in Thirdshelf
- Extremely rare and unlikely. May occur if you deleted a record in your POS, and did not delete it in Thirdshelf.
- If the proper option is not to delete the second record in Thirdshelf as well, proceed to merge as in Scenario 2.
- Make sure you select the Master Record as the one that exists in your POS.
How to merge two records:
1. If the records are near each other:
- Select both records by checking the box next to each
- Click Merge
2. If the records are not grouped together
- Select one record and click "Merge With"
- A window pops up.
- Locate (search for) the second record in the pop-up window and select it.
- Click Next
- Confirm the result and click Merge
The two accounts are now merged.