Set up a referral program to reward your customers for signing up new members.
Reward your loyal members for referring their friends with this simple referral program. You get to pick the reward (dollar discount or percent discount) and the number of referrals required to earn that reward.
1. Configuring your referral program
Configuring a referral program requires configuration both in Thirdshelf and your POS. Here is what is needed:
Configuring a referral SKU in your POS
Because Thirdshelf needs to know that a referral took place, we need a 'referral tracking SKU' to be created in your POS.
1. Create a new item/product in your POS and give it a name that will be easy to remember by you and your staff.
2. Make is non-inventoried product with a $0.00 cost.
3. Add the special 'TSBONUS' keyword in the Custom SKU field. You can append more characters after the TSBONUS keyword.
4. Create a new product category (Say, Referrals) and assign this newly created item to that category.
Configuring a Referral Program in Thirdshelf
Frequent Buyer programs can be re-purposed as Referral Programs in Thirdshelf, track referrals and unlock
1. Log-in to Thirdshelf and navigate to the Loyalty section.
2. Click the '+' button to create a new Frequent Buyer program
3. Pick a name for your Referral Program (that name is not customer facing), select the category you've created in your POS for the 'referral tracking SKU', enter the number of referrals required for customers to unlock a reward. Save your changes.
Configuring the referral reward
Now that you've configured the program in Thirdshelf, you need to decide what you will be offering to customers when they refer friends.
1. In the Loyalty section, scroll to the bottom of the page to see your Referral program.
2. Click the 'Add an offer' to define the reward you will be offering to customers referring friends. Here are some tips on creating rewards.
2. Making it work in your day-to-day
Now that everything is in place, use the steps below to register referrals at POS.
1. When customer B comes in, referred by customer A, ring a dummy $0.00 transaction, assign it to customer A and make sure to add the 'referral tracking SKU' to it. Complete that transaction. Thirdshelf will register that referral for customer A.
2. Proceed the transaction for customer B as usual.
Once customer A has earned the referral reward, it will be deposited in the account and available for redemption.