Set up a referral program to reward your customers for signing up new members.
Reward your loyal members for referring their friends with this simple referral program.
- You define the reward which can be a % discount, a Gift Voucher, or a free product or service. (**note: the reward cannot be points)
- The reward gets placed in Customer A's loyalty account, to be used as of their next purchase.
- [OPTION] You can set it such that multiple referrals are needed to unlock a reward:
- "Refer a Friend, get a reward" OR "For every three referrals, get a reward"
(See below for step-by-step instructions to set this up)
- Customer B comes in, referred by customer A
- In a transaction, attach customer A, and click the "Referral" button
- Complete the sale. This registers as a punch, counting as a referral in Customer A's Loyalty account
Navigate to Categories under Inventory
Create and save the new Category:
Now navigate back to Inventory, then New Item
Follow the steps to create a single-punch item, as explained in this article
The item is created. Now, create the Referral button:
Add New Button
1. Name the button
2. Select "Add Item(s)" from the drop-down
3. Click "Add Button To Menu"
Once that is done, the screen will return. Scroll down to locate the newly created button, as in this screenshot. Click the small "pencil" icon to edit:
Search for the item you created in the earlier step, and click "Add Item"
When completed, your screen should look like this:
Click Save Changes in the top-left corner to complete your setup.
Your Sales screen should look like this:
1. Under Loyalty Program, add a new Punch Card by clicking the "+" sign
2. Define the punch card
- Give it a name (internal)
- Select the Referral category that you created in Lightspeed
- Set the "Buy" quantity at the number of referrals that trigger a reward
3. Define the reward itself
Scroll down on the Loyalty Program screen and click to Add a reward for this punch card.
Customer B comes in, referred by customer A
In a transaction, attach customer A, and click the "Referral" button
Complete the sale. This registers as a punch, counting as a referral in Customer A's Loyalty account
Proceed with Customer B's transaction in a new Sale.