How to create single-punch item in Springboard. Adding punches.
Punch management in Thirdshelf is fully automated and seamless. The process described in this article is for special cases, as directed by your Thirdshelf advisor or a referring article.
Once you've completed the steps below, you will have a list of non-inventory SKUs, which you will place in a transaction to manually execute a "punch" on a punch card. You will easily control the number of punches with the Quantity field.
A positive quantity will add punches and a negative will remove punches.
Please note that purchases and returns will automatically add and subtract punches.
1. In Springboard click on Items in the drop down menu under Inventory, then click on New
2. Fill out the form "Create New Item"
- In the Item #, enter the following specifically:
- TSBONUS (all uppercase) followed by a unique identifier in lowercase, ideally the name of the program itself
- Example: TSBONUSbrandfood12lbs or TSBONUSreferral1
- “Description”: make it easily identifiable; specifically, the name of the related Frequent Buyer program
- Assign the Item to the appropriate Custom field for this program
- Click "Save"
Create a non-inventory item for each punch card program
3. How to use: Update customers' past purchases
If you have a record of how many 'punches' the customer should receive for their past purchases you can do this all at once. If customers have an existing physical card, when they come into the store, you take the card, update their past 'punches' and then discard the card.
- Attach the customer to a sale
- Add the non-inventory item to the sale
- If there were multiple purchases of that item, adjust the Quantity
- Complete the sale
- Once the sale is complete the 'punches' will accumulate.