Create a single-punch item in Lightspeed. Add punches.
Punch management in Thirdshelf is fully automated and seamless. The process described in this article is for special cases, as directed by your Thirdshelf advisor or a referring article.
Once you've completed the steps below, you will have a list of non-inventory SKUs, which you will place in a transaction to manually execute a "punch" on a punch card. You will easily control the number of punches with the Quantity field.
1. In Lightspeed click on Inventory in the left hand tab and then on New Item
2. Fill out the form "Create New Item"
- “Description” -- make it easily identifiable; specifically, the name of the related Frequent Buyer program
- Assign it as a Non-Inventory Item in the drop-down (which says default by default)
- In the Custom SKU field, enter the following specifically:TSBONUS (all uppercase) followed by a unique identifier in lowercase, ideally the name of the program itself -- Example: TSBONUSbrandfood12lbs or TSBONUSreferral1
- Assign the Item to the appropriate Category for this program
- Click Save Changes
- Create a non-inventory item for each punch card program if needed.
1. Name the item || 2. CustomSKU TSBONUSxxxx || 3. Categorize || 4. Save