How to create a single-punch item in VEND. Manual punches
Punch management in Thirdshelf is fully automated and seamless. The process described in this article is for special cases, as directed by your Thirdshelf advisor or a referring article.
Once you've completed the steps below, you will have a list of non-inventory SKUs, which you will place in a transaction to manually execute a "punch" on a punch card. You will easily control the number of punches with the Quantity field.
A positive quantity will add punches and a negative will remove punches.
Please note that purchases and returns will automatically add and subtract punches.
1. In VEND click on Products in the left hand menu and then on Add Product
2. Fill out the form "Add Product"
- “Product Name” -- make it easily identifiable; specifically, the name of the related Frequent Buyer program (#1 in the screenshot)
- In the Product handle field, leave the default value suggested by Vend. (#2 in the screenshot)
- In the Product tags field, enter (or select) the tag that identifies the Frequent Buyer Program (this is the value you select in Thirdshelf)
In the Stock Keeping Unit (SKU) field (#4 in the screenshot below), enter the following specifically:
- TSBONUS (all uppercase) followed by a unique identifier in lowercase, ideally the name of the program itself
- Example: TSBONUSbrandfood12lbs or TSBONUSreferral1
3. In the lower-part of the form
- Make sure that "Track Inventory with Vend" is turned OFF.
- Click "Add Product"
Create a non-inventory item for each punch card program as needed.